We had a superb holiday at Aristomenis, simply superb! Steve & Eleni were marvellous and made our stay really special.
We travelled over 1200km all over the island and visited different places everyday. Steve & Eleni were only too happy to sit and listen to our stories at the end of each day and sent us off each morning with a friendly wave! Anna from the bike rental shop was also a blessing and mapped out special places to visit!
We managed to see almost every major place to visit,
- Lourdas - quite special and so many lovely places to sit on the beach and tavernas to dine at. Even tho the area is hilly, our scooter worked a treat.
- Mounda Beach (Turtle Beach),
- Skala - which we didn't particularly like much
- Poros - very pretty port town
- Fiskardo - gorgeous marina and so many tavernas it's scary
- Assos - beautiful old port town and lovely old buildings with seaside tavernas to enjoy the view
- Agia Efimia - beautiful boats
- Myrtos Beach - beautiful is an understatement
- Sami - gorgeous and where Captain Corelli's Mandolin was filmed
- Lixouri (not our favourite place)
- Kepouria (where the Monastery is),
- Xi - again not a favourite.
- Markopoulo - where the snakes appear at the base of the church bell tower on or about the 6th of August each year and then disappear on the 14th August
- Lassi - not our kind of place - too "tommy touristy" for us
- Mount Enos - we reached the highest point 1,628 metres and the views were spectacular
- Sissia Monastery - we walked with the procession that carried the icon from the Kastro to the monastery.
- The Kastro - fabulous taverna!
- St Gerasimos monastery - breathtakingly beautiful
- Robollo winery - not terribly impressive, rather an opinionated English chap who conducts the tours!
- Metaxa winery - nicer reception than Robollo
- Kato Katelios - fabulous fresh fish souvlaki! Highly recommeded! Captain Jerry's was a treat.
- And many, many more places
We ran out of time and didn't get the the Drogarati Caves or Lake Melissani - so we plan to visit again very soon to see them and the lovely people we met!